The selection direction of die material
Mold is an important process equipment. Its performance and service life directly affect the quality of an enterprise's products, the speed of renewal, technical and economic benefits and the competitiveness of products in the market. Today, the hexagonal slope protection plastic mold takes you to understand how to choose the mold material to extend its service life.
1. When the wear-resistant blank is plastic in the mold cavity, it flows and slides along the surface of the mold cavity, causing severe friction between the surface of the mold cavity and the blank, which leads to the failure of the mold due to wear. So the wear resistance of the material is one of the most basic and important properties of the mold. Hardness is the main factor affecting the wear resistance. Generally, the higher the hardness of die forgings, the smaller the wear amount and the better the wear resistance. In addition, the wear resistance is also related to the type, quantity, shape, size and distribution of carbide in the material.
2. Most of the working conditions of the strong and toughness die are very bad, some of them often bear large impact load, which leads to brittle fracture. In order to prevent the die forging from breaking suddenly when working, the die should have high strength and toughness. The toughness of die mainly depends on carbon content, grain size and microstructure.
3. In the working process of fatigue fracture performance mould, under the long-term action of cyclic stress, it often leads to fatigue fracture. It is suggested that the plastic mould of hexagon slope protection has the following forms: small energy multiple impact fatigue fracture, tensile fatigue fracture, contact fatigue fracture and bending fatigue fracture. The fatigue fracture performance of the die mainly depends on its strength, toughness, hardness and the content of inclusions in the material.
4. High temperature performance when the working temperature of the mold is higher, the hardness and strength will decrease, leading to early wear or plastic deformation of the mold and failure. Therefore, the die material should have high tempering stability to ensure that the die has high hardness and strength at working temperature.
5. The cold and hot fatigue resistance of some dies is in the state of repeated heating and cooling in the working process, which makes the surface of the cavity under the action of tension and pressure change stress, causes the surface cracking and peeling off, increases the friction force, hinders the plastic deformation, reduces the dimensional accuracy, and leads to die failure.
6. Corrosion resistance when some molds, such as plastic mold, work, due to the presence of chlorine, fluorine and other elements in the plastic, HCI, HF and other strong corrosive gases are decomposed and precipitated after heating, which corrode the mold cavity surface, increase its surface roughness, and intensify wear failure.
The above is the content shared by the hexagonal slope protection plastic mold. Thank you for reading. I hope it can help you!